Home > Recipes > Raw Vegan Almond Cheese Recipe, Ep230

Raw Vegan Almond Cheese Recipe, Ep230

May 7th, 2010 Natasha St. Michael

Over a year ago I took a raw food uncooking class with Cherie Soria of Living Light Culinary Institute. I learned how to make this beautiful Raw Vegan, Herb Almond Cheese which I am going to show you how to make today, plus how to make a collard leaf sandwich out of it as well!!

Nut & seed cheese are great to make because you get all the beneficial bacteria and probiotics, plus its so easy to digest– even for people who have a hard time digesting nuts and seeds.

The full recipe is at the bottom of this post.

Also to get the best Non-Pasteurized, Raw Organic Almonds on earth, Click Here!!

To Buy Probiotics, click below:

Probiotics—-> Canada

Probiotics—-> USA

Raw Vegan Almond Cheese Recipe, Ep230

Do you need to lose weight? Get Private Coaching with Natasha where she will answer all your questions and work with you to create a personalized diet that works. Why not make it easy on yourself, work with Natasha so you can reach your health and weight loss goals!! Click here for more information.

Almond Cheese

2 Cups Raw Almonds (soaked 24-48 hours, peels removed)

1 Cup Water

1/4 tsp probiotic powder or 1 capsule of probiotics (capsule removed)

-blend all ingredients in blend until silky smoooth.

-select a fine mesh strainer and line it with cheese cloth

-pour the almond cheese on cheese cloth, cover it with the cheese cloth, place a plate under the strainer and one over the almond cheese and put a heavy weight (a rock or a jar of water) on top of the plate covering the almond cheese– this extra weight will help push out excess liquids from the cheese.

-Leave the almond cheese in a warm area with no direct sunlight to ferment for 8-12 hours.

Herbed Almond Cheese

2 Cups Almond Cheese

2 tbsp Pine Nuts (chopped)

2 tbsp Red Onion (finely minced)

1 tbsp Fresh Parsley (finely chopped)

2 tsp Light Mellow Miso (not dark miso, must be yellow in color)

1 tsp Green Onion (finely minced)

1 tsp Nutritional Yeast (optional)

1 tsp Garlic (crushed)

pinch of pepper

-Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well.

-Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.

1. randy
    May 8th, 2010 at 08:27 | #1

Good morning Natasha; I am going to start the almond cheese today. I am going to try some kefir water for the probiotics and will let you know how it turns out. I started making my own kefir water about three weeks ago. Thanks bunches and have a great weekend.

2. veganforlife
    May 10th, 2010 at 08:51 | #2

Hey Natasha! I’m so excited about this. Can’t wait to make it. Thanks!

3. Lisha
    May 12th, 2010 at 19:07 | #3

I just ordered the Almonds, I hope they come quickly. I can’t wait to try this recipe.

4. gail
    May 30th, 2010 at 01:29 | #4

@randy
    Hi Randy,
    Just curious as to how your almnond cheese turned out using Kefir water. I have been making Kefir water for abount 2 months. Would be nice to find another use for it.

5. Sherri
    May 31st, 2010 at 11:48 | #5

Hi Gail,
    I used kombucha in my almond cheese….came out delish. I also have water kefir, want to try that next, have almonds soaking now : )

6. June 20th, 2010 at 11:41 | #6

I want to start blogging too, what do you think, which blog cms is good for noob?

7. shakti
    August 4th, 2010 at 23:26 | #7

hello just reading the thread and i am interested to hear how it went using kefir – i don’t have access to live culture right now but have a kefir powder – could i use this just to test instead of the probiotic powders and live kefir – ? thankyou

8. Richard
    April 16th, 2011 at 19:45 | #8

I know many people may know the answer but do I actually need the probiotic powder?
    I was going to attempt this recipe soon so I just wondered if it was a do or die ingredient.
    Also, this may be a dumb question, is everything in this completely safe for a lactose intolerant person? I figured almonds were safe but the probiotic was my main concern.

9. Mindy
    November 17th, 2011 at 03:30 | #9

@Richard
    You need to buy probiotics that are free of milk. I buy the vegetarian ones that do not contain milk, soy, yeast, eggs or wheat.

10. Mindy
    November 17th, 2011 at 03:31 | #10

I bought the capsules and I cut the capsule so I could pore the probiotics into the cheese.

11. Sherri
    January 18th, 2012 at 13:12 | #11

@Shakti
    I did not use the powder kefir, I have live water kefir grains. I used the kefir water, which I liked better than the kombucha, will use the kefir water from now on.

Comments are closed.